It is clear that many people like to quilt, unfortunately, the sad part when it comes to quilting, as many have complained is the difficulty to choose the best sewing machine for quilting.
With many sewing machines around; things can get complicated, more so if you are a beginner and in the market for a sewing machine. What even makes the whole thing more saddening is that there can never be a single answer regarding which sewing machine that is best for quilting. What is best for one person can turn out to be worse for another. This article thus intends to discuss sewing machines for quilting, more precisely the features that you ought to look for when choosing a sewing machine for quilting.
Sewing Machine for Quilting must have Features
As many experienced tailors would concur with me, if there is something that everyone should be looking for when it comes to sewing machines for quilting is a knee lift. It must, however, be noted that there are brands that offer the hand apparatus instead of a knee lift. To understand why a knee lift is important, you have to know what it is meant for precisely. Using simplest words possible, a knee lift lets you hoist the presser foot by simply pushing your knees against the lever, allowing you to use your hands on the pieces you are sewing. Such flexibility cannot be achieved with brands that feature a hand apparatus.
Other Features you should look out for when in the Market for a Sewing Machine for Quilting
The features discussed in this section are ones found in most sewing machines though you have to be careful to check that the machine of your preference has them.
1. Speed regulation – It will allow you to sew at any given pace that is best for you depending on the urgency of work at hand.
2. A free arm, with an extension table – Will create an expanded sewing surface when you need one.
3. A bobbin winder that is easier to use – Though not that urgent, being able to monitor what is left in a bobbin will be rather convenient.
4. A machine with not only reliable but also simple to use tension controls. – This will give you an easier time when switching between machine quilting, regular sewing duties, and other types of sewing tasks.
5. A steadfast local repair service, specifically for the brand. – The machine is bound to break down at some point, it will be such a pity if you were to travel hundreds of miles just to get it fixed.
In Summary, the best sewing machine for quilting is one that can serve you without much trouble. You should note down all the activities you intend to use your machine for and go out and do research on the different types being offered as well as the price tag on them. Go for that one brand that fits your budget and can deliver without much hassle.…